Nine of Swords
Keywords for the Nine of Swords Tarot Card
- Depression, fear, anxiety
- Nightmares, sleeplessness
- Illness, hospital stays
- Being too hard on yourself
The Nine of Swords tarot card is about anxiety, sleepless nights, and worry. Taken even further, it becomes about nightmares, isolation, and depression.
Traditionally, this card shows a woman sitting up in bed, with her hands covering her face. It’s the middle of the night and she is clearly upset. Nine swords are hung on the wall behind her.
There is nothing good or hopeful here, unfortunately. Everyone feels the grief of the Nine of Swords at some time in their life, but most of us want to move past it as quickly as we can.
Sometimes we can get wrapped in a whirlpool of anxiety, regrets, and worry. The stress and guilt associated with rehashing past decisions and difficult situations can result in illness, mental suffering, and unhappiness.
Occasionally, this card indicates a hospital stay or rehab.
Keywords for the Nine of Swords Reversed
- Rest and recovery, healing
- Time heals all wounds
- Severe depression, torment
- The original was painted on 11x14 high quality 140lb watercolor paper with Turner watercolor paints.
- Signature is hidden in the painting.
- Your original painting will come with a certificate of authenticity and a backing board, wrapped in plastic.
- The painting is vertically oriented.
High quality reproductions are also available in 11x14 and 8x10 or 5x7 (with slight cropping) on an excellent quality linen paper which will retain it's true colors for many years.