Keywords for the Temperance Tarot Card
- Calm peacemaker
- Economy, moderation, frugality
- Finding the middle path
- Exercise patience and self-control
Temperance is about boring, gentle, and wonderful things, specifically the peace and comfort that surrounds you when your life is in balance.
This card serves as a reminder to remain patient and go with the flow. You can’t ever control a situation, but you can wait it out. You can’t ever control other people, but you can be patient as they learn their own mistakes.
These are tough lessons to learn and even tougher to put into practice. The message of the Temperance card seems simple, but it is one of the strongest and most important cards in the deck.
In The Fool’s journey through the Major Arcana, this card represents the lesson that change takes time. It’s about acceptance, patience, and self-control.
Renewal and rejuvenation are coming, so don’t go to extremes or force something to happen. Keep your focus on your values and don’t let yourself be thrown off track by the influences of others, of your Ego, or of your base emotions.
Keywords for the Temperance Reversed
- Being out of balance
- Doing things to excess
The church, religion
- The original was painted on 11x14 high quality 140lb watercolor paper with Turner watercolor paints.
- Signature is hidden in the painting.
- Your original painting will come with a certificate of authenticity and a backing board, wrapped in plastic.
- The painting is vertically oriented.
High quality reproductions are also available in 11x14 and 8x10 or 5x7 (with slight cropping) on an excellent quality linen paper which will retain it's true colors for many years.