Three of Swords
Keywords for the Three of Swords Tarot Card
- Heartbreak, loss, betrayal
- Sorrow at its deepest level
- Heart problems
- The need for surgery
The Three of Swords tarot card isn’t subtle and it’s one of the most upsetting cards in the deck. Traditionally, the image of this card shows a large heart being pierced by three swords, covered in blood, and floating in a thunderstorm. In this deck we use the symbolism of the cardinal representative of death, showing an area of his body which is colored slightly different and in the shape of a heart. In his heart, stick 3 plastic toothpick swords.
The Three of Swords is about heartbreak and loss. There’s not any way to avoid sorrow in life, unfortunately.
Every relationship has down periods, where quarrels and miscommunication seem to happen more often than joy, adventure, and love.
Most people fear this card because it’s seen as the “breakup” card for romantic relationships. This card doesn’t always indicate the ending of a relationship, but the down periods will be ruling for awhile.
Although this card is generally negative, there is some comfort in knowing you can and will heal from this and move on.
Keywords for the Three of Swords Reversed
- Recovery after loss
- Physical healing
- Reconciliation, apologies
- The original was painted on 11x14 high quality 140lb watercolor paper with Turner watercolor paints.
- Signature is hidden in the painting.
- Your original painting will come with a certificate of authenticity and a backing board, wrapped in plastic.
- The painting is vertically oriented.
High quality reproductions are also available in 11x14 and 8x10 or 5x7 (with slight cropping) on an excellent quality linen paper which will retain it's true colors for many years.